Last week I opened up to the students that for writing workshop I would like them to write about Squirtle. It could be any form they chose:
Narrative (what they have seen)
Adventure (make believe)
Or any other topic so long as I approved it first. The kids took this idea and ran with it...
Some topics include:
- Katie wrote a diary entry from Squirtle's point of view in which he decided to break out of his tank!
- Lilly wrote about Squirtle's adventures at night...did you know he watches TV? He lovesToy Story.
- Jordan wrote a tongue twister - Squirtle squats by the squirt shore. Turtle twisted toward the tortoise shore.
- Amber and Tim wrote poems (as did my paraprofessional Tana)
- Broderick wrote all about how the turtle pees on the floor (this really bother him!)
- Darlene wrote about how we got him and how old he is...
- Shane and Robert wrote what they have noticed about him - he came from Petsmart, he is shy, etc...
- Kayla wrote about him secretly being Oprah!
- Dean wrote a story about him being a Pharoah (he is currently reading the Red Pyramid series)
And a Cartoon by Ben...
Hope you enjoyed reading about our adventures...Come visit me on my blog some time..